November 19, 2021
Avista Resort Myrtle Beach South CarolinaMyrtle Beach South
•Travel on I-20 / East to Columbia. Then follow the directions given above from Columbia, SC.
- Follow I-77 / South to Columbia, SC. Then follow the directions given above from Columbia, SC.
- Travel I-95 / South to I-40 / South toward Wilmington, NC.
- Follow I-40 / South toward Wilmington (about 2 hours).
- Before reaching Wilmington, look for I-140 (a by-pass road also named John Jay Burney Freeway).
- From I-140, take Exit 416 south to Myrtle Beach (signs might indicate "Brunswick beaches, ” too).
- Follow Highway 140 south. It exits at Highway 421/17.
- Proceed east along Highway 421/17 (also called Fensel Highway).
- Follow signs for Highway 17 south (you will by-pass the city of Wilmington).
- Take Highway 17 south toward Myrtle Beach. (The travel time from the Wilmington area to North Myrtle Beach is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.)
- You will pass by the town of Shallotte, NC, using Highway 17, not Business 17.
- After you cross the NC/SC state line, you will continue along Highway 17 until you go through Little River, SC.
- Before you cross the Intracoastal Waterway, Highway 17 will merge with Highway 9, but you continue south.
- After you cross the bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway, look for the sign indicating the Cherry Grove exit (cloverleaf turn) onto Sea Mountain Highway.
- Take this exit, now driving east on Sea Mountain Highway.
- At the end of this road through Cherry Grove, you will intersect with North Ocean Boulevard (look for Boulineau's IGA grocery on your left side.)
- Turn right to North Ocean Boulevard. Drive approximately 1.6 miles to 300 North Ocean Boulevard where you will see Avista Resort on your left with the ocean.
- Travel on I-95 / North.
- Turn off of I-95 on Exit #170 (Highway 327 / South).
- Travel on Highway 327 to the intersection with Highway 76 / South (the road name is East Palmetto).
- Continue until you see the intersection with Highway 576.
- Follow Highway 576 / Southeast until it intersects with Highway 501.
- Follow Highway 501 southeast. At the intersection with Highway 22, take Highway 22 / North toward North Myrtle Beach. Look for Highway 31 (Carolina Bays Parkway).
- Take Highway 31 / North.
- Look for the exit to the Robert Edge Parkway toward North Myrtle Beach.
- Take Robert Edge Parkway / East toward the beaches. Robert Edge Parkway will intersect with Highway 17 at a traffic light.
- Continue straight which puts you on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach.
- Continue straight to the end of the road, intersecting with North Ocean Boulevard.
- Turn left on to North Ocean Boulevard.
- Proceed along North Ocean Boulevard (ocean should be at your right), just over half a mile, to Avista Resort at 300 North Ocean Boulevard.
- Follow Highway 501 past Aynor to Highway 22 East.
- Follow Highway 22 East to Highway 31 (Carolina Bays Parkway).
- Take Highway 31 north toward North Myrtle Beach and look for the exit to the Robert Edge Parkway (locally called the Main Street Connector) going east to the beach.
- Robert Edge Parkway brings you to the intersection of Highway 17 and Main Street in North Myrtle Beach.
- Proceed across Highway 17 to Main Street to the intersection with North Ocean Boulevard.
- Turn left at North Ocean Boulevard.
Share this article
Baywatch Resort Myrtle Beach Reviews
April 22, 2017 – 03:08 pm
Ocean Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
September 11, 2015 – 10:33 am