Bahia Beach Resort & Golf ClubBeach Club Resort
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser
I will always play BB every chance I get. It's that good an experience. I"m not wealthy, so I play when I can get a discounted rate.
Course conditions, layout, aesthetics, location, etc. are all well above-par, which in this context is a good thing!
But let me dwell on what I think can be improved.
1. Ball washers should have water in them. Too many of them were dry.
2. The tee markers should be placed where they'll fairly reflect the particular tees on the scorecard. The course played much shorter from where they placed the tee markers compared to what the scorecard showed for those particular tee markers. If I want to play 6313 yards (more or less) - the Gold markers - don't move the Golds so far forward that I'm effectively playing the Silvers, for example.
3. The greenside bunkers need sand. The two of us were in 5 of them, and they were all nothing but hard-packed dirt.
4. Unless I'm suddenly hitting my irons longer than usual, they may need to re-calibrate their GPS settings. Several times I overclubbed by at least one club (and not because I skulled the shot).
5. Rangering would be nice. We were a twosome being held up by a threesome. And we were holding up a foursome because of it. The foursome complained to a course employee (a pseudo-ranger?) which we overheard, but the pseudo-ranger never came to discuss it with us, perhaps because he knew WE were being held up by the group in front of us. What he SHOULD have done is told the threesome to step aside so we (and our following foursome) could play through. Mind you this is a deficiency of virtually EVERY golf course on the planet, and it's one of the leading causes of the scourge of golf, slow play or slow pace of play. Aggressive rangering would be nice.
Anyway, I could write twice as much positive stuff. I love the course. But I thought it might be more helpful to share what I think are its shortcomings, in hopes that they'll be considered.
Player Tip: Pay attention to the tops of the trees; there's a lot more wind than you can feel at ground level.